20 December 2008

I am going to China

I will be on the plane at 7pm today from Wellington to Auckland; and 11:30pm from Auckland to Shanghai (more than 11 hours' flight). Then we have to get to another airport in Shanghai for another one-hour flight. At last a 3-hour driving to my grandma's house. The name of the town is Laizhou, you may find it between Yantai and Qingdao on the map.

I will see all the family members of my mother's side, from HER grandparents, my grandparents and their brothers and sisters, to my uncle and his young daughter.

It will be cold!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, what a huge exciting trip you are going to have. I think you are very lucky, and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Steve said...

I have been looking at this map, David. Wow, it sure looks like an amazing place. I am looking forward to your news.